The International Summer School is a join of formative and cultural activities with an international character that the International Campus of Excellence of the Sea (CEI·MAR) offers in southern Spain. These will be carried out during the summer. It is a forum where the international university community participates with the society of southern Europe through the exchange of knowledge, traditions, languages, cultures, etc.
The International Summer School counts with a specific academic programme about the sea, organized by EIDEMAR, the international Doctoral School of CEI·MAR the most important consortium of universities and research centres that are focused on the sea in all its diverse aspects (education, research, innovation, culture, etc.)
The Academic Programme is primarily oriented to undergraduate and graduate students.
Courses count with the participation of national and international lecturers and researchers from different Spanish and international universities and research centres.
In Parallel, the ISS offers a full calendar on cultural an educational activities and events for students.
Aims of the International Summer School:
- – Scientific and academic excellence.
- – Interdisciplinary character, with the aims to include the knowledge and the different interpretations and researches of the distinct brunches of knowledge. It is looking for the existence of a fertile permeability between the different disciplines, doing a place of meeting and debate in each or our proposals.
- – Social interest of proposed themes, doing special attention to their repercussion on the news opportunity and public debate.
- – Interest for the thematic issues related with the necessities and diversity of the resources, humans and cultural or economics, of our nearest geographic environment.
- – Special attention to the subjects in their social context not included in the official University academic offer (degrees and postgraduates).
More info at: