Francisco Javier Botana Pedemonte
- Descriptive reports of historic metallic materials.
- Chemical characterisation: characterisation of the chemical composition, detection and identification of minority components, identification of the material transformation processes.
- Structural characterisation: preparation and metallographic studies (cut with diamond disk, metallographic polishing, inlaying in resin, chemical attack, observation and developing by optical microscopy and scanning electron microscopy.
- Mechanical characterisation: analysis of hardness, microhardness, folding, shearing and traction.
- Advice on the development and application of new techniques for the stabilising and conservation of historic materials: design of electrolytic treatments, study of consolidating substances, adjustment of analytical systems in the treatment of objects coming from underwater.
- Development in situ of works controlling the corrosion and information of underwater archaeological sites. Reports on the state of conservation of the sites, and advice and introduction of corrective measurements.
- Training courses on conservation, analysis, instruments, materials and corrosion processes.